Hey, guys! Summer vacation for us is now officially OVER! And we’re back with a bunch of the hottest news from the future! (That might not make sense, but just go with it.)
Topics we cover today:
- Pacific Rim director Guillermo del Toro might be adapting Kurt Vonnegut’s Slaughterhouse Five.
- Tom Cruise’s upcoming maybe-cool-sounding time travel war movie now has a much less interesting title.
- There’s a really neat podcast called Welcome to Night Vale that you should check out!
- Plus a Back to the Future documentary currently seeking cash through Kickstarter!
- And have you seen The Wolverine yet? No spoilers, but you probably should.
And that’s just the NON-Doctor Who news! We also go over news from Comic-Con, including Steven Moffat’s promise that all Matt Smith mysteries will be cleared up by the end of his run and the 50th Anniversary special will be globally simulcast.
Also, we MIGHT be a little upset by how Comic-Con got to see the 50th Anniversary trailer and we didn’t. Just a bit.
Then, we wrap things up by taking a minute to discuss the classic Christopher Reeve film Somewhere in Time, which we have been meaning to watch FOREVER. Did we come to regret that decision? Find out!
We’ll be back in two weeks with the beginning of our Classic Who coverage — get ready to meet “An Unearthly Child”!